Friday, October 7, 2011

Season of Gratitude

In the Bible study I'm doing (Beth Moore's To Live is Christ) there was a section on hardship and struggle. Beth shared the following verse:

These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faint -- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire -- may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 1 Peter 1:7

It is with this verse in mind that today I will be grateful for the refining work of God within my life. Although it rarely feels good and often seems unfortunate, I know that the troubles and hardships of this life are signs of the work of God within me and those around me.

Further, I stand in faith in the promise of this verse, that my hardships are not only for my benefit, but through faith they may result in praise, glory, and honor to the one living and true God.

No comments:

Post a Comment