Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Season of Gratitude

I have incredibly vivid dreams. My dreams are always really lifelike and it seems like it's hard to wake up from them. This is probably related to the fact that my sleep cycle is some sort of messed up, but that's beside the point.

For the longest time, my dreams were really frightening. I would have really scary dreams that felt incredibly real, and when I woke up it took a while, sometimes a long while, to realize that the dream was just a dream.

However, lately, my dreams haven't been scary. Sure, sometimes they are still stressful and I wake up really tense, but waking up tense is so much better than waking up terrified.  My dreams are still really vivid, but upon waking, it's clear that they were just dreams.

This is something I've been working on for a long time, using every trick in the book from aromatherapy to mantras to visualization, but this morning I realized that I've made substantial progress.

Today I'm grateful that I cannot remember the last truly terrifying dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment