Monday, October 10, 2011

Review: My Memories Scrapbooking Suite

I was offered a free copy of this software to try out and see what I thought. It's taken me a while to write the review because I wanted to really play around with it and make sure I knew what I was talking about. My Memories Suite is an application that allows you to make digital scrapbooks.

This scrapbooking software is actually quite easy to use, for the most part. I'm not a big scrapbooker, but I really enjoyed how easy it was to drag and drop pictures into the templates. Also, the site emails out newsletters with the occasional free paper package to add to your collection. You can buy additional templates and papers from the site as well.

You can then export your scrapbooks into video or podcast form or print them. You can add music and narration as well as all the little bows and buttons that you can do in a physical scrapbook.

To get used to the software I made two different scrapbooks (more than I've made in real life).

Here's the first one I made:


The second one I made was of pictures of our wedding and honeymoon:



Here are the problems I ran into: 
When I first tried to download a paper pack, it took me forever to find it. Once I did however, it made a lot more sense and was easy to do afterwards.
The other issue I had was with adding music. The tutorial on their blog says you can just select the iTunes file and add it as background music, but if you're on a Mac, the iTunes file isn't one of the formats that they accept for background music.
One more that you're likely to notice: They give you ample "journal" space, but when you transfer the scrapbook to video format, you can only have 10 seconds per page, no more. So if you're a long-winded blogger, you won't be able to read it all.
Also, I just realized that the movie version (what I've posted) doesn't actually show each page for 10 seconds like I asked it to. Don't know how to fix that, but I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Overall, I really liked the scrapbook software, and I would probably use it again. I think it can be great for sharing important photos and memories with family and friends. I can see how this would be a great option for those with children and family that live a long way away.

Want to try it out for yourself? You can win a FREE copy of this software! Simply go to http://www.mymemories.com/ and tell me which template would fit your next scrapbooking project! A winner will be chosen at random at the end of the month! 

Can't wait until the end of the month? Use the code: STMMMS38016 for a $10 discount on your very own copy of this software!

I was given a free copy of this software to review but did not promise a positive review.

No comments:

Post a Comment