Monday, September 19, 2011

Season of Gratitde

Today has been a good day. Philip had the day off (yippee!!!). Usually his one day off for the week is Sunday which is generally a pretty busy day for us. So, we were both excited. We slept in (though Simon wouldn't let us sleep in too much). We had a lazy morning with Simon sleeping on my lap while I napped on the couch and Philip played Fallout 3.

Then we had lunch at Jason's and went to see The Lion King in 3D! The Lion King was awesome. You see so much more definition and you can see all the layers of the animation. It was seriously great. Afterwards, we got ice dream from Chick-fil-A and then we went to Hastings to walk around.

Little did we know, Hastings had put out the new DC Heroclix Superman set that Philip has been looking forward too. His birthday gift is his order of this set as he's been waiting for it for a very long time. (If you're interested in Heroclix and want some early info click here to see more.)

Then, as we got home, I got out of the car and what did God surprise me with? A large group of monarchs was flying around a tree outside our apartment! I absolutely love butterflies and their presence has been a constant reminder to me of God's amazing grace and transformative power. This sighting was just another of God's little love notes.

(I hope to post a picture soon, camera cord is missing.)

So, the husband and I are both blogging. Then, we're having grilled cheese and soup for dinner and watching The Big Bang Theory season 4! There's a lot to be grateful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment