- Beef roast cut (.5-1 pound per person)
- Potatoes (I use baking potatoes but other options may work as well)
- Carrots (I usually get a bag of organic baby carrots that are washed and peeled. This saves so much time on prep and helps to beef up the portion of our diet that is organic without adding too much to the grocery bill.)
- Bay Leaf (or a few small ones)
- Beef Stock (Or can use vegetable stock or broth if you prefer. It's usually easier to find organic vegetable stock than it is to find organic beef stock. I prefer the taste with the beef stock.)
- Handfuls of each: pepper, salt, and oregano (I will often use coarsely ground sea salt and use a little less in the pot itself and then add salt if necessary to the final product.)
- A few cloves of garlic. (peeled but whole)
Peel and cut the potatoes into good size chunks. Peel and slice the carrots if using regular ones. Peel the onion and cut into 1/4s. Put all the veggies on the bottom of your crock pot or slow cooker.
Salt and pepper the beef and sear in olive oil in a separate pan. I like to sear just long enough to get a few kinda dark areas. Place the beef on top of the veggies.
Add the salt, pepper, oregano, bay leaf(ves), and garlic cloves on top of the beef. Poor the stock into the crock pot covering at least most of the roast. It usually takes two boxes for my crock pot which is a 6 quart pot. Cook on high for 6-8 hours.