Saturday, September 17, 2011

Season of Gratitude

Today I am grateful for my education. Specifically, my MFT training. Being trained to think systemically has proven to be helpful in so many ways! It's helped me to be more empathetic and more understanding. It helps me to see people in a new way. By viewing people within their context, they begin to make more sense and it becomes easier to see why a person would do or say certain things.

Further, my education has made me a better problem solver. If something is bothering me, I can take the time to think through what the problem actually is and why it is a problem. I feel like I'm also better able to go about finding solutions. When you can see the problem in a systemic way, there isn't just one answer, there are hundreds.

All this to say, my two years of grad school were some of the most challenging, and most expensive, but I feel as if I have a unique experience that has better equipped me for life in general, and I am extremely grateful that I was able to have this opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment