Thursday, September 8, 2011

Slow Cooker Ribs and Cornbread!

One of my favorite late summer/early fall meals is barbecue ribs, cornbread, green beans, and salad. These ribs are so simple and easy to make and can be altered to your taste (I like mine mostly sweet with just a little bit of spice.) and to the number of people joining you.



Rib Rub Recipe:

  • Cumin
  • Chili Powder
  • Garlic Powder
  • Onion Powder
  • Paprika
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Brown Sugar
Combine all the ingredients according to the taste you're looking for. I usually use a lot of brown sugar, onion and garlic powders, and paprika. Like many of my family's recipes, you know it's going to taste right if it smells good.

Rub the mix on all sides of boneless ribs and let sit in the fridge over night. If there's any excess rub mix, place this in with the ribs while they marinate.

Layer the ribs in your slow cooker with your favorite barbecue sauce. I usually use Kraft's barbecue sauce as I find it to be pretty mild in spice but complements the rub well.  Start with sauce on the bottom. Cook for about seven (7) hours on low. Ribs should be tender and able to be cut/pulled apart with a fork.

For cornbread, I like to use Jiffy's cornbread mix. I find it has a good flavor and they come out just crumbly  enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment