Paper/Pen or Computer
Plastic Easter Eggs
Scissors or Paper Cutter
Print or Write out the list below. You'll want one copy with the numbers to serve as your key (even us adults sometimes forget, maybe more than sometimes), and another copy without the numbers.
Take the copy without the numbers and cut it into slips.
Place the slips in the eggs.
Weather permitting, hide the eggs outside and let the kids go find them. If you're stuck indoors, place the eggs in a basket and let each child choose one. If you're doing this at home, you can have your children find the eggs from around the house.
Next, have the kids sort the slips of paper into the order that the events occurred (The same order as they are numbered).
|This is a fun way for kids to review previous lessons about the events, and builds up a strong understanding of the scriptures for the future.|
Here's the list that I've used. Feel free to adjust the list to meet your needs and cover the stories that you've studied.
1. A Woman pours perfume on Jesus’ feet.
2. Judas met with the Pharisees and agreed to hand Jesus over.
3. The Pharisees gave Judas forty pieces of silver.
4. Jesus sent disciples to find a house to have the Passover.
5. Jesus said, “One of you will betray me.”
6. Jesus took the bread, broke it, and gave it to His disciples. Jesus said, “This is my body.”
7. Jesus took the cup and blessed it. Then He gave it to His disciples. Jesus said, “This is my blood.”
8. Jesus told Peter that Peter would betray him three times.
9. Jesus went to the Mount of Olives to pray.
10. Jesus’ disciples fell asleep while Jesus prayed.
11. The guards came to get Jesus.
12. Peter cut off a guard’s ear. Then Jesus healed the guard.
13. Jesus was taken before the religious leaders and before Pontius Pilate.
14. The crowd asked for a criminal to be released and Jesus to be crucified.
15. The guards made fun of Jesus and put a crown of thorns on his head.
16. Jesus was put on the cross next to two thieves.
17. The guards gambled for Jesus’ clothes.
18. The guards gave Jesus sour wine to drink.
19. Jesus said, “It is finished.”
20. The guards pierced Jesus’ side.
21. Jesus was buried in a borrowed tomb.
22. The women went to visit the tomb, but Jesus wasn’t there!