Friday, January 13, 2012

Why I Love Religion AND Jesus

I believe the words of Christ when He said that He did not come to abolish the law, but to fulfill it.

I believe that the life of a Christian is made more joyous when one is free to live within the law and within grace.

I believe that God has freely forgiven me and is seeking me out. I believe that by altering my behavior to be more like the person God has called me to be, I am also seeking Him.

I don't believe that religion alone has caused any wars. Wars are fought by people and for the motives of said people.

I don't believe there's anything wrong with a large church: it can shelter more people.

I believe that divorce is against God's design for man. I also believe that Jesus died because no one else could live up to God's design.

I believe that God loves each and every one of His creations deeply and fully.

I don't believe that God has any problem with religion. I think God has a problem with people taking their wickedness and disguising it as religion.

I believe that the religion that God the Father hold to be pure and faultless is this: to look after widows and orphans in their distress. I believe that includes widows and orphans who don't look/think/believe the way I do as well.

I believe that are churches are not perfect. We need more honesty. We need to show the world that we are all broken people coming together for healing from the master Healer.

I believe that changing our behaviors helps us to change our core. I believe that if we are to be in a relationship with a holy and just God, we must seek to be holy and just. I believe that we will always fail in this seeking. That's why I believe Jesus died to helped bridge that gap.

I believe that the Church and religion give me a wonderful and vibrant heritage.

I believe that Christ died for me, as I am a part of the creation that was lost and needed to be rectified to the Creator.

I believe that the Church is Christ's bride, not me, not you.

I believe that Christ loves the Church and eagerly awaits her.

I believe that religion is man's attempt to seek out the Creator. And I believe that the Creator rejoices when His creation calls out to Him.

I love my God. I love Jesus. I love the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment