Thursday, March 29, 2012

Recipe: Homemade Cat Treats

I made these treats awhile back for Simon's birthday. He really liked them. The recipe makes a huge amount so I gave a bunch to friends. Many of their dogs also liked the treats. I think this is a great option for pets with sensitive tummies or food allergies as you know exactly what's going in to the treat.

The recipe calls for three simple ingredients: Flour, Corn Meal, and a can of Tuna (light chunk in water)


Mix all the ingredients together. Add water if needed. Work the dough until it's a sticky play-doh texture.

Bake at 350 until they start to brown. The treats will be hard.

Simon really liked the treats, but they were a bit big for him. I ended up breaking the treats apart when I gave them to him. The recipe makes a ton of treats! Unless you have a lot of pets, get ready to give some away. Ours ended up molding before we got through them all. You could possibly freeze some of the dough or baked treats, but I haven't tried that so I can't vouch for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment